If you are a business owner in Eastern CT, then you must be familiar with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), which was enacted by the U.S. Congress 1990. This law requires all places of business to provide safe and convenient access for customers with disabilities. That is why ADA signage is crucial in your place of business.
Assuring that all patrons can equally access and travel throughout your business facility isn’t only good business, it’s the law in Eastern CT.
Whether you need multiple signs containing braille lettering, or restroom signs with contrasting pictogram images for easy visibility, Sign Professionals can provide the required signage to keep your business in compliance with all ADA laws and regulations. Criteria for compliant ADA signage include, but are not limited to:
- Tactile Depth: 1/32 inch minimum
- Letter Height: 5/8 to 2 inches
- Letter Style: Sans Serif or Serif
- Letter Type: Lower or upper case
- Pictograms: Symbols used in place of words
- Braille: Raised lettering for the visually impaired
- Contrast: Light symbols on dark backgrounds
- Finish: Non-glare
Sign Professionals wants to ensure that your business meets all necessary ADA signage laws and requirements in a cost-effective manner. Call us today at (860) 823-1122 for a signage quote, and let us help make your business easy to navigate through for all of your customers.